Government Relations Assistant
Contract type: One year fixed term contract
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms.
The Government Relations Assistant is responsible for providing logistical support to the Government Relations team in general. The Government Relations Assistant will work closely with the Government Relations Officer to handle scheduling of meetings, event planning and other administrative tasks. This position will also be tasked with updating critical Government Relations documents.
Government Relations Assistant Job Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Update Tracking documents as required
· Update the Traffic Related Incidences Management Log.
· Update the Company’s Status Document for Licenses and Permits
· Assist in timely application and follow up of Licenses and Permits
· Ensure proper e-filing of secured documents
· Assist in acquisition of documentation required for compliance from different teams
· Handle the team’s scheduling of meetings and event planning
· Assist in coordinating events and meetings
· Ensure GR contact lists and other shared data is updated
· Support on- time completion of time sensitive tasks in the company’s ongoing operations
· Support a team member as may be required
· Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Requirements Government Relations Assistant Job
· Minimum Diploma in Business Administration Social Sciences related but a degree in Degree in Business, community, and policy related disciplines will be desirable
· Minimum of 2 years administrative and compliance experience would be required
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
· Well-developed written, oral, interpersonal, and negotiation communication skills with a high degree of sensitivity for confidentiality
· Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable in being part of an interdisciplinary team in order to provide excellent customer service
· Discretion, tact and diplomacy
· High level of attention to detail, self-motivated, and a team player
· Able to take a proactive approach on projects and work with minimal direction
· Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
· Trustworthy, discreet, loyal, and must maintain strict confidences
How to ApplyApplication Deadline: 8th December, 2016