Fellows Program Jobs at Sanergy
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. The Sanergy Fellows Program seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization. Sanergy Fellows work in one of the following departments:
· Operations- Supply Chain Services, Logistics, Quality and Safety, Laboratory
· Fresh Life Toilet Sales
· Information Technology
· Marketing and Branding
· Product Design
· Research and Design for Byproduct Technologies
· Business Development: Partnerships & Fundraising
· Government Relations
· Engineering- Electrical, Chemical, Civil, Mechanical
· Front office
More qualitatively, we are looking for people who have the desire to take on a new challenge in a pioneering context. We believe that we are on the cusp of transformative change and we seek people who believe their knowledge and skills will bring about that change.
Fellows Program Job Requirements
· Undergraduate Degree or Diploma in the relevant field
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Strong problem solving skills
· Strong time management, organizational, and prioritization skills
· Excellent communication skills on all levels
· Relentless desire to improve yourself, your team, and your organization;
· A collaborative mentality
As Sanergy expands, many new projects are on the horizon. While the Sanergy Fellows are not provided monetary compensation, the experience gleaned from their time at Sanergy will benefit them for many years to come. We are looking for fellows with the desire, determination and energy to spend at least 3-6 months in East Africa pushing the frontiers of innovation. Join us!
How to ApplyApplication Deadline 31 December 2016