Position: Procurement Manager
Reporting to: Director of Finance and Operations
Our Client, Global Programs for Research & Training, is an international NGO wholly owned and controlled affiliate of the University of California San Francisco (UCSF).
UCSF Global Programs is seeking to recruit a highly competent Procurement Manager
Qualifications and Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree in procurement or supply chain management.
· Master’s degree in supply chain management, business administration, or other related field is preferred.
· Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) or equivalent is an added advantage.
· At least 7 years of experience in procurement and supply chain management in a large complex public health institution.
· Demonstrated experience in effective vendor management
· 3-5 years of supervisory experience
Skills and Attributes:
· Personal integrity and transparency with direct supervisor(s)
· Fluency in both written and spoken English
· Staff supervisory skills
· Knowledge of procurement best practice
· Planning, organization and analytical skills
· Customer service and negotiation skills
· Team player
· Keen attention to detail and ability to function in a complex procurement department
· Proficient in computer usage for business including Microsoft Office Suite and email
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Manage the supply chain function including procurement of goods, works and services, asset tagging, and inventory management, to include disposal of equipment and inventory as per policy.
· Ensure compliance with Global Programs procurement regulations and donor requirements.
· Spearhead vendor prequalification and maintain an accurate and up to date pre-qualified vendor database
· Designs, recommends and implements automated procurement systems.
· Assist the program teams to develop and implement specifications for procurement
· Responsible for contract negotiation, review and management in conjunction with the program team.
· Coordinate and manage the request for proposal (RFP) process.
· Prepare and share regular procurement reports with relevant staff.
· Liaise with the finance team to streamline vendor payment processes
· Liaise with staff on the procurement policy to ensure adherence
· Provide supervision and training for all procurement staff.
· Any other duty allocated by the Director of Finance and Operations.
To apply for this position, send a detailed CV and cover letter, stating your current position, current remuneration and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, November 23, 2016.NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement