Position: Transport and Logistics Manager
Reporting to: Director of Finance and Operations
Our Client, Global Programs for Research & Training, is an international NGO wholly owned and controlled affiliate of the University of California San Francisco (UCSF).
Job Purpose: Manage all transport and logistics functions for Global Programs.
Responsible for planning, supervising and managing the warehousing, assets management, travel and fleet management.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Certificate in logistics management is preferred.
· Minimum 7 years of experience in managing transport and logistics in an iNGO, preferably working in public health.
· Valid and clean driving record.
Skills and Attributes:
· Personal integrity and transparency with direct supervisor(s)
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
· Team player
· Must have mechanical knowledge
· Strong supervisory and managerial skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Competent with computer software applications including Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel)
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate field travel for Global Programs staff and partners
· Coordinate logistics for all trainings, workshops and meetings
· Maintain an inventory of all vehicles, including cars, boats, motorcycles and bicycles as well as driver/rider assignments and supervision
· Oversee use and maintenance of all vehicles
· Ensure vehicles are installed with the fleet monitoring system and conduct routine spot checks to confirm condition.
· Monitor fleet reports including insurance, maintenance and fuel consumption.
· Timely reporting of accidents and incidents to the Director of Finance & Operations, as per policy
· Supervise drivers, riders and logisticians
· Maintain a schedule for mobile clinics
· Any other duty allocated by the Director of Finance and Operations.
To apply for this position, send a detailed CV and cover letter, stating your current position, current remuneration and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, November 23, 2016.NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement