Position: Human Resource Manager
Reporting to: Director of Finance and Operations
Our Client, Global Programs for Research & Training, is an international NGO wholly owned and controlled affiliate of the University of California San Francisco (UCSF).
UCSF Global Programs is seeking to recruit a highly competent Human Resource Manager
Qualifications and Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or other related field
· MBA in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field is preferred.
· Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) in Kenya is an added advantage
· A minimum of 7 years working experience in a senior HR management role
· 3-5 years of supervisory experience
Skills and Attributes:
· Personal integrity and transparency with direct supervisor(s)
· Experience in managing large staff using a HR management software
· Strong leadership, interpersonal and networking skills
· Strong analytical, planning, negotiation and communications skills
· Strong supervisory and managerial skills
· Must be a team player and motivator
· Good training facilitation and presentation skills
· Working knowledge of Kenyan labour laws as well as immigration processes
· Proficient in computer usage for business including Microsoft Office Suite, email and electronic HR systems, recruitment via social media platforms e.g. LinkedIn
· Fluency in written and spoken English.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Human resource planning and budgeting based on the Country Office strategic plan.
· Ensure compliance to organisational HR policies.
· Advise organisational management on any recommendations to modify organisational HR policy
· Ensure compliance to labour law and stay up to date on its development in Kenya.
· Managing staff recruitment for Kenya offices, including development of job descriptions, posting job openings, interviewing and on-boarding.
· Work with department heads in preparing job descriptions.
· Design, make evidence-based recommendations and implement compensation and benefit plans.
· Negotiate with insurance companies to ensure the most economical premium rates and the best value for staff.
· Work with management and supervisors to create and foster staff development opportunities. Develop and maintain performance evaluation system for all employees; create materials, conduct trainings, advise staff and supervisors on HR processes
· Develop and maintain performance management systems including policies for addressing employee relations, grievances and discipline.
· Develop a whistle-blower policy and orient staff.
· Conduct appropriate staff training and orientation of staff.
· Maintain staff records in confidential filing system
· Review monthly payroll list.
· Keeps the Director of Finance and Operations informed of problems, issues and concerns on a regular basis.
· Any other duty allocated by the Director of Finance and Operations.
To apply for this position, send a detailed CV and cover letter, stating your current position, current remuneration and contact details to email@example.com by Wednesday, November 23, 2016.NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.