Consolidated Bank of Kenya Limited is Kenya’s SME bank of choice that provides flexible financial solutions that support our customers in achieving success.
The Bank is well positioned, with presence in majority of the country’s business hubs to continually offer pleasant and convenient services.
Administration & Facilities Manager
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Head of Operations & Central Processing, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing facilities planning and maintenance and the coordination of support services for the Bank.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in architectural and engineering planning and design, including space and installation management.
- Manage the implementation of the projects through progress monitoring, budgetary control by way of reviewing all bills against agreed work plans and budget lines and managing the performance of contractors.
- Oversee construction and renovation projects to improve efficiency and ensure that facilities meet environmental, health, and security standards, and comply with government regulations.
- Continually review and update the out-sourced service contracts, oversee the performance of the service providers and report to management as needed.
- Ensure that the Bank’s premises meet health and safety requirements.
- Direct and plan essential central services such as reception, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, transport, waste disposal and recycling.
- Develop and maintain fire prevention and response systems, standards and procedures and oversee maintenance and update of fire equipment and security records.
- Oversee and coordinate all property maintenance for the Bank’s building and facilities.
- Oversee the organization and optimal utilization of office space and coordinate purchase, delivery and movement of major office equipment and furniture and fittings.
- Work with relevant consultants on design, procurement and delivery of Bank’s activities.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements of Bank properties in terms of rates and licences.
- Carry out rental assessments to ensure the Bank obtains best returns on its property investments.
- Ensure that properties and Bank assets are adequately insured.
- Motivate and manage administration staff.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree in Land Economics, Building Economics or any other related field from a recognized university.
- Experience in project management, interpretation of bills of quantities & architectural drawings and handling logistics with multiple contractors will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in facilities management and administration, 2 of which should have been in a leadership role.
- Ability to think creatively and improve the efficiency of systems and projects within the Bank.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels internally and externally.
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward hard copies of their applications, enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed CV indicating work experience, daytime contacts and addresses of 3 professionally relevant referees to reach the undersigned by Friday, 5th August 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Head of Human Resources
P.O. Box 51133 - 00200
Consolidated Bank is an equal opportunity employer.