Consolidated Bank of Kenya Limited is Kenya’s SME bank of choice that provides flexible financial solutions that support our customers in achieving success.
The Bank is well positioned, with presence in majority of the country’s business hubs to continually offer pleasant and convenient services.
We seek to recruit a qualified, experienced, competent and highly motivated individual for the following position:
Internal Audit Officer
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing independent and objective assurance and consulting services designed
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct assurance reviews of the assigned banking operations and functional activities.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the management controls over those operations.
- Evaluate organizational units to ensure that they are performing their planning, accounting, custodial, risk management and control activities in compliance with applicable policies and procedures in a manner that is consistent with the bank’s mission and regulatory frameworks.
- Assist/participate in the preparation of annual audit plan.
- Plan and execute assigned engagements in accordance with accepted auditing standards.
- Report engagement observation and make practical recommendations for corrective action to address unsatisfactory conditions, improving operations and reducing costs.
- Perform special assignments as requested by management from time to time.
Qualifications and competencies
- Holder of a bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Professional qualifications such as CPA, ACCA or CISA.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- Knowledge of IT auditing will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience, 3 of which should have been in the banking industry.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of banking practice
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward hard copies of their applications, enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed CV indicating work experience, daytime contacts and addresses of 3 professionally relevant referees to reach the undersigned by Friday, 5th August 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Head of Human Resources
P.O. Box 51133 - 00200
Consolidated Bank is an equal opportunity employer.