Job Salary: 15000 base plus commission.
Our client dealing in retail trade (jewelry, African art, crafts, precious and semi-precious stones) with scope of operation at the local and international levels is recruiting for a Purchasing Assistant.
· Receiving, moving, checking and storing incoming goods.
· Checking and inspecting goods received and ensuring they are of accurate quantity, type, quantity and also acceptable quality.
· Packaging and labeling/bar-coding items before they are dispatched.
· Picking and packaging items on order.
· Source new items
· Create Pos and follow up.
· Help plan for delivery and barcoding.
· Ensuring stock quantities are adhered to.
· Undertake delivery at the shops.
· Processing of supplier payments.
· Making deliveries to the shops.
· Selecting space for storage and arranging for items to be placed in the designated areas.
· Loading and unloading delivery vehicles.
· Labeling goods that have arrived at the warehouse for proper storage.
· Ensuring a clean and safe workhouse for both inventory and staff to work in.
· Monitoring stock levels and updating bin cards accordingly.
· Maintaining and updating an accurate physical stock status report.
· Any other duties as maybe assigned by the supervisor.
· At least diploma in stores management/ purchasing and supplies management or equivalent from a recognized institution.
· At least 2years experience in purchasing.
· Must have worked in retail industry preferably.
· Very active in product sourcing and purchasing methodologies.
· Good computer data entry skills.
· Ability to operate warehouse equipment’s, such as scanners.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication in both English and Swahili.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office / Microsoft Excel.
· Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise.
· Self-motivated and willing to work under minimal supervision.
· Able to work in stores and stock procedures.
· Experience with inventory control systems, ERP software, and procedures strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 15th May 2017
Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryHApplications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.