Dodore Kenya Limited is a Nairobi based development and implementing agency that is committed to shaping a more livable world.
We are an organization that supports program development and implementation to NGO’s and commercial sector with the aim of providing diversity in inclusion.
As such, we are currently seeking to expand our database of research assistants by increasing the number of research assistants who can be engaged whenever data collection needs on humanitarian and development spectrum arise.
When assigned a project, research assistants will ensure quality data collection as per laid down guidelines. Ideal candidates are expected to be competent in both paper and mobile phone based qualitative and quantitative data collection. Prior data collection experience in behavioral sciences, agriculture, health, education and economics will be an added advantage.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· At least 1 year experience in both paper and mobile phone-based qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
· Experience in Survey data collection (both paper and mobile phone based surveys)
· Experience in conducting FGDs, Key Informant Interviews, Case Studies and In-depth Interviews.
· Experience in conducting phone based interviews.
· Excellent computer data entry skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to maintain cordial public relations through observing meaningful and respectful engagement in the course of field work
· Ability to adhere to all the specified data collection protocols during data collection activities
· Ability to work in a team and to work with minimal supervision
This is an exciting opportunity for dedicated and highly motivated candidates with a strong interest in research.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please send a brief resume with at least 3 reference contacts that can attest to your ability and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why we should consider you for future data collection projects and what extra talents and skills set you will bring on board.
Deadline: C.O.B Wednesday 18th January 2017.
NB: Both the cover letter and resume should be sent as one PDF document.Strictly apply mentioning your name and ‘Application for Research Assistant’ in the email subject line