Our client is a provider of superior services in the cleaning, gardening and related services in the cleaning industry in the country.
Since their inception, they have managed to establish a foot print in the market and consequently boast of a fairly varied client base.
They are currently operating from Nairobi but plans are at advanced stage to expand their services beyond Nairobi.
Job Purpose / Summary: The incumbent will be responsible for accomplishing department objectives by supervising staff; organizing and monitoring work process
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards; adhering to legal regulations.
- Completes operations by developing schedules; assigning and monitoring work; gathering resources; implementing productivity standards; resolving operations problems; maintaining reference manuals; implementing new procedures.
- Reporting to the Operational Manager in cases of shortage of material at the work station or replacements
- Advise on the replenishment and control of materials
- Controls expenses by gathering and submitting budget information; scheduling expenditures; monitoring variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Reporting to the Human Resource Manager in cases of disciplinary issues among the employees.
- Assist in replacing of the employees/ Relievers where there is shortage of stewards and conducting orientation to the new employees joining the stations.
- Provides quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards.
- Give accurate feedback to the Head office of the happenings of different stations
- Prepare reports and coordinate projects with other department leaders.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Any other duty assigned from time to time by the Managing Director
- Minimum ‘O’ level certificate.
- Certificate in housekeeping and laundry form reputable institution
- 3 Years’ experience working in a manufacturing industry
- Possess a valid certificate of good conduct
- Effective written and verbal communication
- A keen eye for detail
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Ability to delegate and also oversee work in a supervisory capacity
- Effective communications skills (including IT skills and report writing
- People living in Thika and its environs are encouraged to apply
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Salary Budget: Kshs. 25,000 Gross
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke before close of business 19th December 2016.