Legal Resources Foundation Trust (LRF) promotes access to justice through human rights education, research and policy advocacy.
LRF seeks to recruit a Programmes Manager to join its dynamic team of staff based in its head office in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Programmes Manager will coordinate, supervise, resource mobilize, monitor, enhance quality control and sustainability in respect to Strategic planning and programme implementation and delivery.
Program design; Results based management; Monitoring and Evaluation; Resource mobilization & accountability; line management
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
1. Leadership in designing programs which are relevant and responsive to the context and organizational Strategic Plan.
2. Manage personnel allocations within and between thematic areas and regional offices.
Result based management:
1. . Leadership in the design and implementation of a functional monitoring and evaluation system including the induction of staff.
2. Leadership of all organizational monitoring and evaluation interventions and implementation of action plans;
3. Performance management of programs in relation to established work-plans and objectives.
Resource mobilization and accountability:
1. Leadership in exploring, forecasting and advising the management team on organizational needs and grant making trends;
2. Development of innovative concepts and proposals for financial support and sustainability of LRF strategic plan;
3. Leadership in program budgeting and implementation within expenditure timelines;
4. Lead in preparation and timely submission of donor reports;
5. Support the Executive Director in donor liaison;
· In liaison with the Finance and Administration Manager, assist the Executive Director in performance management of program team, including supervision, training, mentorship, coaching and appraisals.
· Provide program updates, brief and advice to management, board and stakeholders;
Key Qualifications / Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in Law plus Masters in international human rights or political science. Six (6) years relevant working experience in which two (2) years have been in senior management.
· Work experience in civil society organizations is key.
· Current practicing certificate from the relevant professional institution;
· Demonstrated thematic knowledge in governance and human rights issues;
· Demonstrated experience and understanding of innovative management tools and instruments to improve efficiency, effectiveness, accountability and transparency;
· Proficient in computers.
· Must have strong project management skills managing complex, multi-faceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth;
· Proven experience in personnel and financial management;
· Excellent analytical, writing, editorial and advocacy skills;
Management and Leadership:
· Ability to set priorities and produce timely and quality outputs;
· Ability to rally and motivate a team towards a common goal;
· Ability to facilitate and encourage open communication in the team;
· Proven track record of excellence in management and ability to delegate appropriately responsibility, accountability and decision making authority;
· Proven record of building and managing teams and creating an enabling work environment, including the ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor, develop and evaluate staff;
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit your application and Curriculum Vitae through email to email@example.com.
Address the application to the
P.O Box 34720-00100,
Hurlingham, Lenana Road, Nairobi.
Your application should include a day time telephone number, current and expected remuneration and benefits, 3 referees and copies of academic certificates.
The deadline for applications is on or before 30th November 2016 at 5.30pm East African time.
Previous applicants need not apply.Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.