Duma Works is recruiting an Operations and Events Coordinator for one of our clients.
The company is building a network of spaces that serve as homes and meeting spots for entrepreneurs and innovators.
In addition, the candidate will act as a resource person towards improvement of events execution as well as work closely with technical teams to improve event management systems processes and services.
The office holder will also work closely with the content curators and the community manager to ensure great member experience.
- To make sure all events at are scheduled on the platform without conflict, overlap or saturation (Ideally 4 weeks before the event)
- To ensure all content curators are well equipped and have all the support they need (e.g. equipment) to deliver on planned content
- Create a smooth flow and facilitate members using the company as a platform for their events (including but not limited to workshops, product launches, round-tables.)
- Ensure all events have been processed through a defined marketing process (EDMs, Newsletters, Rotation on the company’s Screens, Social Media, Events)
- Run the registry of the attendees of all the events and the space so as to quantify and qualify the flows of individuals in the company on a quarterly basis
- Maintain a supplies list (who facilitate events e.g. water suppliers e.t.c.) and update accordingly
- Prepare and present a monthly report of how to improve the engagement with the content curators and what types of event have been done at the space.
- Prepare operational budgets, forecast and adjust when necessary.
- Coordinate with relevant parties on menus, food order, event schedule, music and all logistics of events at the company
- Co-ordinate with Content management to ensure syncing of content and events.
- Consistently set up banners, booths and other event decor.
- Analyse event performance, ratios, trends and prepare monthly metrics presentation with recommendations for enhancements.
- Execute on operational and event enhancement initiatives.
- Maintain record of and execute all payments, receivables related to the company within the agreed time with supplier e.g 30 day, 60 days, or 90 days
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- results – oriented;
- team player;
- problem solving focus;
- technical zeal;
- strong time management/organisational skills;
- self-discipline and drive;
- high integrity and ethical standards;
- good interpersonal skills;
- Good prioritising and planning capabilities;
- Great communication skills, good UX appreciation and practice.
Cover Letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2486”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2486, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Applications without a Motivation Letter will not be considered.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th November 2016
N.B. When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.