Vacancy: Procurement Manager
Job Ref: PG/PM/1
Our client runs a conservation initiative to help curb downward spiral of threatened natural world.
They have developed a sound conservation model, which is sustainably funded by a blend of sensitive, low volume, low impact tourism, frequently coupled with the sale of carbon credits and in some cases with the sale of a small number of villas or bush-homes.
Our client’s primary ambition is to create of a number of flagship, or "gold standard" conservation programs in areas that previously have been deemed unsalvageable.
Their hope is that these conservation initiatives will become successful, sustainable and inspire others around the world to replicate the model.
They are looking for a Procurement Manager.
Main Role: The Procurement Manager is responsible for identifying and screening procurement suppliers, negotiating terms and conditions favourable to the business whilst driving improved supplier service levels, minimising risk while improving the business results through standardising and automating business and procurement best practices and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, maintain procurement policies and systems and review on a regular basis to ensure relevance and conformance with best practices and ensure compliance with internal and regulatory policies
- Lead the procurement function and oversee all aspects of purchasing, negotiations, strategy, tool and process implementation for procurement related to goods and services
- Plan and prioritise purchasing activities, reviews planned orders, creates requisitions for purchased items and manage approval process.
- Transmits and prioritises approved purchase orders and supporting documents to supplier.
- Tracks order acknowledgement, prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of potential interruptions.
- Track orders and confirms system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains purchase orders until they are closed.
- Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts; reports non-conformances
- Leads finance and logistics staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to achieve efficiencies.
- Contributes to consolidation, reduction, and rationalisation of the local supplier base.
- Build strong relationships with business partners, fostering collaboration and teamwork with the head office procurement department
- An individual who upholds integrity and is honest
- A self-starter with excellent business/financial acumen, proficient in working with cross functional teams and is proactive
- Excellent negotiation, leadership and supplier management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Prior working experience in the hospitality industry in a similar capacity is an added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in fields of procurement , logistics ,supply chain or engineering,
- A minimum of 5years experience in a similar capacity
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner. Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted