In July 2016, ACWICT was announced as a winner of the DREAMS Innovation Challenge, which is funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR); Janssen Pharmaceutical NV (Janssen), one of the Janssen pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson; and ViiV Healthcare. The award is managed by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc.
The innovation ‘Vusha Girls Employability Program’ will be implemented in Kisumu and Nairobi counties to reduce young women’s risks for transactional sex and HIV infections.
Jobs Placement Officer
2 Positions – Nairobi and Kisumu
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Job Placements Officers will:
· Conduct rapid labor market assessments in view of identifying job placement opportunities.
· Ensure the young women trained in the program are placed in jobs, entrepreneurship, internships and apprenticeships.
· Work with the Program Manager, county Program Officers and Master trainers to determine the labor market needs.
· Provide mentorship and technical support to youth participants engaging online work.
· Make regular follow-up visits, calls to employer partners and program participants placed in jobs/internships to establish progress and possible areas of support.
· Work with the database management team to maintain an up-to date database of employers and participants placements details.
· Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual work plans and reports for review by the program management team.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Degree in Human Resource or any other field.
· Diploma in Human Resource Management.
· Excellent Communications Skills.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Three years experience in a similar capacity.
How to Apply
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 5th December 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contactedACWICT is an equal opportunity employer