In July 2016, ACWICT was announced as a winner of the DREAMS Innovation Challenge, which is funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR); Janssen Pharmaceutical NV (Janssen), one of the Janssen pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson; and ViiV Healthcare. The award is managed by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc.
The innovation ‘Vusha Girls Employability Program’ will be implemented in Kisumu and Nairobi counties to reduce young women’s risks for transactional sex and HIV infections.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Program Manager will be responsible for the overall coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific Project activities.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
· Develop appropriate strategies and approaches for implementation of the Project activities to realize the desired project outputs, outcomes and impact.
· Implement and manage program activities according to the project documents and work plans developed.
· Manage the Program ensuring timely and effective implementation and reporting.
· Lead and manage program teams including county program officers, M&E Officer, Communications Officers, Job Placement Officers, master trainers and all other Program Staff.
· Ensure the M&E roles are executed and feedback analyzed and incorporated in the project design as lessons learnt in order to improve the desired results.
· Forge and reinforce partnerships with both public and private sector employers and partners for implementing project outputs.
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports for review by the Team Leader before submission to partners.
· Regular monitoring, evaluation and review of the project implementation processes to ensure that targets are met according to work plans developed.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Degree in a relevant field
· Qualification in project management
· At least three years direct work experience in Project Management Capacity.
· Proven experience in people and change management skills.
· Proven experience in people management
· critical thinking and problem solving skills
· planning and organizing
· communication skills
· team work
· conflict management
· stress tolerance
How to Apply
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 5th December 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contactedACWICT is an equal opportunity employer