University of Maryland
School of Medicine
Finance Manager – Nairobi & Kisii
This position provides independently-led finance support across various area programs and teams by ensuring timely and accurate project financial reports and monitoring budget compliance and burn rates for effective implementation of projects.
- Implement, review and drive adherence to accounting and administrative procedures and guidelines;
- Prepare accurate financial reports, schedules and timely monthly closeouts as required;
- Responsible for account reconciliations and preparation of cash flow forecasts;
- Timely preparation and submission of program cash requests to HQ Finance office;
- Prepare pipeline reports, identify internal control weaknesses and implement improvements;
- Monitor expenses against the program budget, and provide precise, detailed, reports during project start-up and throughout implementation and close-out.
- Review and ensure proper filing of financial reports to the relevant authorities;
- Submit program financial reports for review by the Program Directors.
- Analyze project expenses, including partner financial reports, on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Facilitate payment of the approved payroll;
- Ensure the organization is tax compliant(exempted based on the programs running), and ensure filing of the same where required;
- Ensure compliance with all donor regulations and MGIC policies, practices, and regulations.
- Prepare all required documentation for accounting and audits.
- Work with program personnel to maintain their budgets during the project cycle;
- Ensure that accounts payable are properly monitored and managed;
- Maintain the relationship with vendors, creditors and bankers; and
- Collaborate with the FMA in preparation of statutory accounts.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, or equivalent degree/s in finance, accounting, commerce, or closely related field.
- CPA (K) / ACCA
- Minimum five (5) years of related experience managing financial, accounting, and operations functions for large, multi-faceted USAID projects
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Experience with USAID project accounting requirements.
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 16, 2016.
Candidates are required to quote the TITLE & LOCATION of the position being applied on the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.