Function / Department: Warehousing Management
Position Title: Warehouse Manager
Reports To: Logistics Manager
Direct Reports / Supervises: Warehouse Supervisors
Job Purpose: Plan, organise and control all warehouse operational activities to ensure client deliverables are achieved.
- Operations Manager
- IT Manager
- Imports Department
- WMS Systems Administrator
- QHSE officer
- Transport department
- Security manager
- General manager
- Managing Director
- Bonds declaration manager
- Finance manager
- Disbursement manager
- Export manager
- Warehouse equipment and system owners
- Other suppliers
- Kenya revenue authority
- Govt Regulatory bodies
- Pest Control
Extent of Authority: Authority to instruct warehouse staff
- Monitor and approve receipt and release of clients’ stock
- Ensure safe custody of goods in the warehouse.
- Manage material movements according to SOP and best practice.
- Oversee the coordination of all inbound and outbound material.
- Ensure physical stock movements are correctly managed in the WMS.
- Follow up on outbound orders for customers to ensure they are executed on time and accurately.
- Ensure that every step of the process is functioning effectively.
- Prepare daily planning schedule to ensure sufficient storage space, personnel and equipment are available to meet daily operational requirements.
- Ensure that weekly WMS reports on client volumes and warehouse capacities are done for top management.
- Measure warehousing activities with accurate KPIs and share KPIs with customers, regional team and top management.
- Notify management of any irregularities and issues.
- Prepare bond returns for Kenya revenue authority.
- Perform daily spot checks on warehouse documentation and archiving to ensure compliance.
- Consistently analyse productivity and efficiency of warehouse staff and equipment.
- Monitor staff to ensure job activities are carried out properly based on agreed job descriptions and set objectives.
- Follow up on the development of company QHSE policy on the shop floor.
- Follow up with QHSE, legal, security incidents/ findings with relevant department heads.
- Manage the personnel in line with health and safety regulation and group policy.
- Handle customer issues raised by customer service officer and ensure satisfaction and retention.
- Liaise with regional team on new RFP’s and RFQ’s.
- Develop staff skills and provide sufficient training.
- Perform daily spot checks to ensure SOP and QHSE compliance on the shop floor.
- Liaise with regional team on new improvements areas.
- Evaluate complaints received on shipments of equipment and stock, and take appropriate action.
- Good communicator
- Customer care
- Computer literacy
- 3 years’ experience in supply chain or a related field
Diplomas – Education
- Tertiary education in either logistics or supply chain management would be an advantage
- Training in MS Office suite and other industry related courses would be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills
- Interpersonal relations
- Team leader
- Sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- Team driven
- Results driven
- Good communicator
Qualified candidates to send their CVs to email@example.com on or before 31st August with the subject Warehouse Manager indicating current and expected salary
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted