ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Kenya to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at County and Sub County health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Job Title: Data Manager – PMTCT Adolescent Project
Location: Kisumu with travel to ICAP sites in Nyanza
Overall Job Function: The successful applicant will be responsible for supervising staff performing data entry, cleaning and storage of a study data to produce clean, complete final data sets for transmission to ICAP New York.
- Prepare data-related standard operating procedures and train study staff on the same
- Participate in the design of study data collection tools and the study electronic data capture databases
- To supervise the implementation of and track the flow of study data collection forms from study facilities to the office and entry into study databases as well as proper filing of any paper-based study records
- Conduct routine data quality assurance assessments on study questionnaires, facility records and on electronic study databases to ensure data completeness, accuracy and consistency
- Perform various data manipulations, analysis and generate weekly and monthly data reports data dashboards and tables as required to track study implementation progress
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer studies, statistics, epidemiology or mathematics; relevant Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years relevant experience as a research study data manager with experience supervising study data staff
- Excellent knowledge and working experience of at least one statistical package for data manipulation and analysis (SAS, SPSS, STATA) and a bonus if familiar with designing / maintaining database software (SQL server, MS Access)
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and 3 referees (one who should be at least your current / previous supervisor) should be sent to the
on or before July 1, 2016.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Online at icap.columbia.edu