Seeking: Closedown / Administration Manager
Contract to run through 31st August, 2016
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) Program: The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex crisis that has evolved in Somalia and Somaliland.
The TIS program is currently seeking a skilled, diplomatic, effective, and highly motivated Closedown / Admin Manager.
As our Closedown / Admin Manager, you will work closely with the Operations Manager and all functional teams in the Nairobi office in ensuring a smooth program closure in compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
This position will be based in Nairobi.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Arrange and Oversee and Non Expendable and Expendable assets disposition per USAID approved disposition plan
- Review and continuously update information on TAMIS that pertains to contracts, sub contracts data and grants
- Work with the grants team to ensure all grants are closed as per scheduled time frames
- Coordinate with the Data Base specialist to ensure all data is up to date for grant closure
- Liaise with the IT Manager in managing IT related resources required to complete activities including backing up data, decommissioning and disposition preparation of IT Equipment
- Work with Inventory Specialist to make sure that the TAMIS inventory records are up to date
- Review all contracts and agreements that entail security deposits to provide notices to respective vendors
- Continue to manage correct labelling and numbering of boxes for shipment
- Continuously review and ensure purchase requests are fully executed before any purchases are done
- In liaison with the Admin Assistant review the Payment tracker
- Work closely with the Finance and Admin team to ensure the contract tracker is up to date
- Liaise with the field accountant to ensure all outstanding staff advances are accounted for before project closure
- University degree in Business Administration or any relevant field.
- At least 4 years’ experience in operations management or administration with closeout experience with INGO’s, USAID or other donor funded organizations.
- Candidates with USAID project closeout experience highly preferred.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English language
Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
If so, please send
(1) a CV that includes 3 references in PDF format
(2) A cover letter explaining why you are eligible for the position,
(3)A filled and signed copy of the 1420 bio data form which can be downloaded from http://www.usaid.gov/forms
Forward your application to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Sunday, 26th June 2016.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please put Closedown & Administration Manager as the email subject.