Pharmaken Ltd a leading importer, marketer and distributor of pharmaceutical products, dental materials and equipment, infection control, surgical and disposables, is seeking for suitable candidates to fill the following exciting positions to strengthen sales team in line with the business strategy, in branch net works across the country:
Reports directly to the Territory Manager who will direct operations of the successful candidate.
General Purpose: Promoting pharmaceutical and dental product sales through effective interaction with health care professionals, hospitals, clinics, institutions and other healthcare service providers to increase the awareness and use of the company’s products.
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
Shall include but not limited to:
- Arranging appointments with doctors, pharmacists, procurement officers and hospital medical teams;
- Making presentations to doctors, practice staff and nurses, hospital doctors and pharmacists in the retail sector;
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with medical staff and supporting administrative staff;
- Keeping detailed records of all contacts, maintaining an updated database of all clients;
- Reaching (and if possible exceeding) monthly and annual sales targets;
- Planning work schedules and weekly and monthly planners. This may involve working with the area sales team or discussing future targets with the territory manager or the country manager;
- Regularly attending company meetings, technical data presentations and briefings;
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest clinical data supplied by the company, and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health professionals during presentations;
- Monitoring competitor activity and competitors' products;
- Maintaining knowledge of new developments in the pharmaceutical sector, anticipating potential negative and positive impacts on the business and adapting strategy accordingly;
- Developing strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector.
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in science
- Comprehensive understanding of health sciences like epidemiology, biotechnology and pharmacology
- At least 2 years experience in the pharmaceutical or health care industry
- MS Office proficiency.
- Interpersonal and communication skills;
- persuasive ability;
- planning and organizing skills;
- problem-analysis and problem solving skills;
- judgment and decision-making skills;
- negotiation skills;
- presentation skills;
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please send your application together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, indicating your qualifications, present position, contact and names of 3 Referees.
Applications to be sent via email to: (firstname.lastname@example.org) so as to be received not later than 20th September 2013.