Salary: 50,000 to 60,000 depending on experience
Our client a leading FMCG company is looking for a very organized, highly analytical, well rounded person who can carry out the following duties.
· Maintain and develop accounting processes to ensure accounting system is kept up to date.
· Liaise with auditors to ensure timely production of annual audited accounts in line with parent company requirements
· Ensure timely preparation, authorization, filing and remittance of statutory payments.
· Ensure that electronic money records are maintained for control and audit purposes.
· Ensure that any returns to regulator (Central Bank of Kenya) are prepared on an accurate and timely basis
· Support General Manager in financial development analysis and appraisal of new projects.
· Manage junior finance staff and ensure appropriate training and development is put in place.
· Support wider business in improvement of working practices which are pragmatic but consistent with good financial control
· Ensure new technological developments are accommodated within financial processes.
· Must be a well rounded accountant with experience in all areas of accounting
· High level of commercial skills
· Very organized and highly analytical
· Managerial experience is crucial with proven ability to think outside the box.
· Must display decision making skill
· The individual must have proven leadership skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelors in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent.
· 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role in debt collection