Reporting to: HR and Admin Manager
Purpose of the role: Oversee the administrative services of an organization. They assign responsibilities to administrative staff and ensure the facilities are equipped with the supplies and services needed.
Internal profile: All departments
External profile: Suppliers
Key task and responsibility
· Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
· Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members
· Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
· Booking meetings, venues and confirming attendance
· Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
· handle customer inquiries and complaints
· Provides supplies by identifying needs for reception, switchboard, mailroom, and kitchen;
· Establishing policies, procedures, and work schedules
· Ensure operations run smoothly within departments such as information and data processing, mail, materials scheduling and distribution, printing and production, records management, telecommunications management, security, recycling, wellness, and transportation services
· Oversee the preparation, analysis, negotiation, and review of contracts related to the purchase or sale of equipment, materials, supplies, products, or services.
· Completes special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results
· Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
· Improves program and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures; evaluating system results with users.
· Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
· Ensure filing systems are maintained and current
· Establish and monitor procedures for record keeping
· Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
· Prepare operational reports and schedules to ensure efficiency
· Co-ordinate schedules, appointments and bookings
· Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory
· Review and approve office supply acquisitions
Security and Maintenance
· Plan long and short-term maintenance needs.
· Modernize and update equipment.
· Handle the acquisition, distribution, and storage of equipment and supplies.
· Preside over disposal of unclaimed property.
· Plan and design grounds maintenance.
· Develop energy efficiency procedures.
· Plan workspaces.
· Oversee renovation projects.
· Monitor facility for security.
· Provides communication systems by identifying needs; evaluating options; maintaining equipment; approving invoices
Qualifications and requirements
· Degree in Business Management
· Diploma in Business Admin or HR
· At least 2 years in a busy industry
· Organizational skills
· Analytical skills
· Well developed interpersonal skills
· Team working skills
· Management and leadership skills
· Tracking Budget Expenses
· Quality Management and Organization
· Ability Coaching and Motivating Others
· Communication Processes
· Reporting Skills