Research Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Our Client, an International NGO whose core business is Reproductive Health and Family Planning to millions of the world’s poorest and vulnerable women, is seeking to recruit a Research Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
Systems and mechanisms for excellent data collection are embedded across all channels
· Develop workable data sets that will enable regular collection, storage and interpretation of data needed by the teams from the field and other parts of the operations including the call center
· Support the introduction testing and training of program staff on the use and maintenance and development of these datasets including a strong participatory element with gender balance
· Develop and encourage innovation in data collection including feedback mechanisms amongst program operations team to address internal and external stakeholder information needs
· Strengthen data management systems for the projects through log frame development and monitoring using PMPs.
· Pursue options for streamlining and efficiencies through different technologies as appropriate
· Support centers and outreach teams to monitor their performance using CLIC
· Conduct regular data quality assessments across all service channels and provide feedback to teams
Research, Monitoring and evaluation meets excellent standards and information needs at macro and micro level
· Provide both technical and operational support to research projects conducted in partnership with other organizations.
· Provide support in the research design and reviews within the organization.
· Provide support to the project implementation studies including baseline surveys, Midterm evaluations and terminal evaluations.
· Capacity building for project staff in the development and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation plans including project log frames and performance monitoring plans.
· Provide technical input in the collection and analysis of project data and in the compilation and submission of donor reports.
· Provide technical support in performance reviews and in provision of feedback to project teams as well as in supporting the project teams to develop rapid response mechanisms, setting new targets to achieve project results/ objectives.
· Support the project teams and the service delivery channels in the design and review of project reporting tools and trainings on the same.
· Support the development of data bases for all Kenya projects and service delivery channels working with the project teams to support the integration of reporting systems into the MOH reporting framework.
· Assess the quality of care provided and routinely facilitate client feedback mechanisms and support the clinical teams in quality assessment including the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of agreed action points/ plans.
· Strengthening engagement with the MOH, working closely with the department of reproductive health in various technical working groups.
· Support in the integration of the Research, M&E unit with the project teams unit to strengthen program learning and strengthen use of evidence in resource mobilization and in programming.
That relevant and timely research is conducted that furthers the strategic effectiveness of operations
· Provide technical and operations support to research projects conducted in partnership with other organizations using open data kit( ODK)
· Provide support in the research design and reviews within the organization
· Provide technical support to the project teams in the collection, documentation and dissemination of case studies, success stories and best practices across the entire program.
· provide staff mentorship and coaching for skills enhancement and coordinates cross learning activities to facilitate scale up/ replication of the best practices
Accurate information is available for resource mobilization
· Track the global indicators to feed into RME activities
· Respond to data collection needs when funding opportunities arise
· Proactively recommend areas of research that would further effective resource mobilization
· Updating various project areas on the mapping databases using Arc GIS
Qualification and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, statistics, Demography, information science, health systems or any other related discipline
· Additional qualification in research, monitoring & evaluation and data analysis and presentation using SPSS, advanced Excel and power point is highly desirable
· Previous experience in a sexual and reproductive health program will be an added advantage.
· Clear and excellent understanding of the different donor policy requirements
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 3rd February, 2017.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line and expected remuneration.NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement