International Medical Corps
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Kenya, Nairobi
Supervisor: Country Director
Job Summary: The Program Manager is responsible for the overall implementation of the MARPS, KPIS and CCC programs.
S/He will coordinate all the activities and components of the program providing technical and operational guidance and oversight to all program activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and manages the MARPS (including DREAMS), KPIS and CCC programs on a day-to-day basis ensuring the smooth running of these programs.
- Serves as the budget holder for these programs and is responsible to ensure all expenditures are compliant, budget revisions are completed accurately when required and works closely with the Finance Department on all financial aspects.
- Ensures the work plans for these programs are implemented smoothly and in accordance with the donor agreements; supervises the Senior Program Officer and Cervical Cancer Officer.
- Ensures the required operational support is provided to the program; directly manages the Finance Officer and Logistics Assistant.
- Works closely with the M&E Director to ensure that strong M&E, accountability and learning (MEAL) systems are in place, lessons learned are captured and then fed back into the program cycle.
- Guides and mentors all staff on these programs fostering a team environment that breeds success, including leading and ensuring quality throughout recruitment, on boarding, structuring, performance monitoring and day-to-day management.
- Promotes IMC activities in Western Kenya at the national level, ensuring that key actors, both internal and external, are aware of IMC programmatic and operational successes.
- Lobby the IMC leadership and donors for support, both technical and operational, in order to ensure adequate support for the programs in Western Kenya.
- Developments program systems to ensure program outcomes.
- Representation of IMC in various meetings and stakeholder forum to ensure strong representation of IMC on key issues.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with key stakeholders including the MOH, donor representatives, partners and beneficiaries.
- Participate in the proposal development for continuing application and for expansion of the project activities.
- Other duties as allocated by the supervisor.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in related field; Master’s Degree and technical training in the medical field preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in active management of HIV programs in developing countries.
- Strong mastery of reproductive health programming; preferably with Key Populations.
- Strong leader and manager.
- Excellent decision making skills and ability to lead multiple teams in different locations.
- Strong skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these standards to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates to submit applications BY E-MAIL ONLY which should include:-
(1) Application Letter;
(2) Current C.V. with telephone number and e-mail address;
(3) Three referees with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
not later than 10th January 2017