Our client a leading petroleum company in Kenya is currently seeking to fill the role of an Assistant Financial Accountant. The successful candidate will ensure proper management of the General Ledger in a bid to achieve accurate, complete and timely reporting of business results.
Assistant Financial Accountant
Responsibilities for the Assistant Financial Accountant Job
· Regular and timely updating and reviewing of Chart of Accounts to ensure fit for purpose, correctness and appropriateness of the business needs.
· Ensure regular and timely reviewing of all General Ledger Accounts for the accuracy, correctness and appropriateness of business transactions
· Ensure General Ledger Account balance integrity by ensuring that all General Ledger and Bank accounts are regularly and timely reconciled both system and manually by responsible staff. Outstanding items are investigated and cleared on time.
· Maintain proper controls by ensuring JDE system integrity in GL and AR. Integrity have no material issues and Goal Zero compliance is 100 % effective.
· Assist to Coordinate and act as focal point for inter group and related party transactions. All accounts are fully reconciled and agreed with counter parties.
· Assist in the timely & accurate group reporting including inter group reporting and submission of the periodic consolidated pack. Support FA with the annual consolidated group pack.
· Ensure accounting treatments and policies adopted comply with group financial accounting manual and international accounting standards. Regular review of accounting processes and procedures to ensure compliance with existing group and IFRS standards and tax rules and recommend remedial actions for any gaps.
· Close out audit action items within the agreed timelines – 100%.
· Assist the Financial Accountant in the preparation and computation of statutory accounts.
Assistant Financial Accountant Job Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field: Accounting/ Finance Option
· At least CPA II
· 3 Years’ experience; general ledger accounting preferred
· MS-Office proficient
How to Apply
Qualified & Interested candidates to share their CVs via email@example.com CC firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 19th January, 2017Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.