Duma Works is recruiting an accountant for our client in Nairobi.
The company is a leading properties and investment company in Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversee and supervise petty cash, banking and payroll
· Prepare management accounts
· Prepare annual audited accounts
· Coordinate and direct the preparation of budget and escalate for approval
· Ensure that all monthly and periodical financial returns are filed with the relevant authorities
· Efficiently manage cash flow
· Advise on investment decisions based on income & cash flow
· Liaise with external auditors e.g. KRA for both legal and statutory compliance
· Supervise the team to ensure that billing and collections are done on time
· Supervise the property manager to ensure that the properties generate ROI
· Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
· CPA (K)/ACCA Finalist
· At least a minimum of 4 to 5 years relevant experience in accounting & finance
· Excellent accounting software(Quick Books, Excel, Word) user and administration skills
· Self-motivated and well organised
· Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
· Demonstrate proactivity and due diligence
· Honesty is key characteristic.
Cover Letter describing your interest and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2615”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2615 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 19th January 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793. The Duma Works team will be out on holiday leave until Jan. 3rd so please be patient when waiting to hear back with results on the initial test.If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.