Career Opportunities at RVR
Rift Valley Railways (RVR) Ltd is in the middle of a Ksh. 25 Billion (USD.287M) turnaround process with major investments going towards expanding and modernizing the fleet, improving rail infrastructure, introducing high-end technology with a vision of becoming the premier rail and logistics provider.
Exciting career opportunities in Operations department has risen and we now seek to recruit a strategic, committed & results driven person.
Purpose: We require an all-round Traffic Coordinator.
- The job holder shall be primarily responsible for managing train paths for safe and efficient transit of rail traffic through their operating territories.
- To liaise with control office for the efficient working of trains into and out of the station/yard.
- Liaising with the marketing department to ensure that all cargo safely reach their intended destinations in a timely fashion and empty wagons are retrieved from customer premises on time
- Compile and maintain, in permanent form, relevant records regarding schedules, routes and cargo content. Further ensure that all the trains working books, manuals, timetable and appendices as well as notices/bulletins/fresh instructions are available to employees under him
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure that train delays in their operating territory are minimized through application of effective planning and scheduling techniques.
- Overseeing the management, scheduling and rostering of train crew to ensure proper manning of both connecting and originating trains.
- Signals Crewmembers for movement of the engine or train using specific signals or radio to indicate when to start, stop, back-up, set or release air brakes.
- Proper maintenance of the muster Roll, time sheets and any other relevant records the Company may deem fit by ensuring that all hours of attendance and absenteeism are correctly captured, and the data/information contained therein is correct/upto date
- Ensure that there is always high level of discipline at the Station/yard and all employees under his/her supervision discharge their duties efficiently and with due care. Any case of neglect of duty and misconduct should be reported immediately to the immediate supervisor
- Responsible for the security and safety of the property within his/her area of jurisdiction the without any compromise thereto, also ensure that the yard/station is properly maintained and there is a high level of housekeeping
- Ensuring the offices are kept private and no unauthorized persons interferes with signals and any trains working instruments/apparatus
- Ensuring that the station/yard is supplied with all the necessary tools and trains working stationery.
- Ensure that the station/yard is always adequately supplied with point’s clamps, wheel skids and necessary equipment for hand signaling
- Ensuring that all trains leaving the station/yard are safe and secured for traveling and properly documented.
- Ensuring that all fittings, chains, ropes, tarpaulins and other appliances are properly secured on trains before they leave.
- Ensure passenger trains are dealt with expeditiously to maintain punctuality
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- A University Degree preferably in Transport & Logistics, Business Statistics or Information Technology from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in basic computer applications
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- 1 years’ experience in a busy commercial environment.
- High-level Communication Skills
- Critical Thinking and well developed problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and in emergency situations.
- Good Memory of learning Safety Procedures and regulations
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time on detailed information.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications
- Positive attitude towards work
- High-level interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
Note: The deadline for submitting application is before by close of business on 13th December, 2016
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with a certificate of Good Conduct that is not more than 6 months old.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted