Daraja Microfinance Bank
Reporting to:Business Manager - lending
The Credit Officer is responsible for managing the credit function of the business function efficiently and effectively in order to ensure that it is a profitable line of business and that the organization is not exposed to risks.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Revenue generation through growth of a high quality loan book
- Drive uptake of the lending products
- Ensure proper credit administration and loan recovery
- Developing and maintaining relationships with strategic partners, potential & existing clients with aim to increase and maintain the banks credit base.
- Reviewing and analysing the client's credit risk status and giving a recommendation.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Degree or diploma in commerce, finance, business or related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in lending to small and medium enterprises
- Proper and organized documentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of bank’s products and services
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, internally and externally
- Strong sales and relationship building skills
- Certificate of good conduct
- Clean credit history
Qualified candidates should send their CV with a cover letter, contact details, 3 referees and expected remuneration firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title on the subject line.
Closing date for the applications will be 26th December, 2016.