Job Summary: To assist warehouse manager with warehouse duties
Duties and Responsibilities
· Receiving and checking all goods inwards
· Daily Pick and Pack of stocks
· Doing clerical jobs for Warehouse manager
· Dispatching all goods outwards.
· Keeping warehouse clean and tidy.
· Checking for damaged stock and reporting any damage to warehouse manager.
· Doing any errands that warehouse manager may require.
· During slack periods, assisting with any office duties that the office manager may require
· Maintain all material handling equipment in good working
· Maintains spreadsheets reflecting on hand inventory / pallet contents and locations as requested by the Warehouse manager
· Assists the Warehouse manager to maintain and file all warehouse documents
· Perform duties assigned by Warehouse manager related to the requisition, reception, storage, and disbursement of materials
· Advises the Warehouse manager on stock levels and minimum stock quantities
· Select space and prepare stock for storage, and place materials in designated areas.
· Protect stock from destruction, abuse, fire, and theft.
· Supervises unload and offloading of incoming stock and prepares warehouse documents to record this movement
· Check requisitions and physically inspect materials to ensure accurate quantity, type, and
acceptable quality and quantity
acceptable quality and quantity
· Prepare and confirm order, delivery notes and gate passes for delivery to customers
· Disburse stock, and maintain records of materials issued.
· Assists the Warehouse manager to maintain computer records of inventory by entering and retrieving information related to receipt, storage, and disbursement of materials.
· Purchase materials and authorize warehouse expenditure within established limits of authority.
· Perform miscellaneous tasks as required.
· Respond to general questions from the public, contractors, and other City employees.
· Perform duties of warehouse supervisor in his/her absence.
· preparing orders for dispatch by supervising loaders and ensuring that orders are filled accurately and efficiently,
· continually striving for improved customer satisfaction
· liaise with transporter for delivery of goods to customers
· Conducts necessary follow-up and tracking to finalize customer order dispatches
· Assists the Warehouse manager to investigates and resolves problems regarding customer order dispatches
· Advises the warehouse manager to prepare requisitions for restocking and replacement of warehouse items.
· Input and retrieve data from the computerized inventory control system
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Mark materials, label bins, and identify warehouse stock.
· Assist in monthly and annual warehouse inventory.
· Receives shipments, inspect for proper quantity and quality, and distributes materials directly to customers, or stored in inventory at proper locations within the warehouse.
· Maintains records and files in support of warehousing function and duties.
· Perform general organization and clean-up of storage facilities.
· Other duties as assigned by management and the warehouse manager
· Good communication and articulate (verbal & written)
· Achievement focus with ability to get things done.
· Good negotiation and relationship management skills.
· Advanced Organizational skills.
· Knowledge of MS Office.
· Be a team player, competitive, confident and focused.
· Advanced driving skills.
· Diploma in Business related course or Procurement
· Ability to understand principles of warehousing and its practices.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Working knowledge in Ms. Office suite, preferably word and Excel.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Warehouse Assistant on the Subject line.