Position: Production Manager
Position Description: Reporting to the COO the Production Manager is ultimately responsible for production and leads, directs, and controls activities of all production operations.
The Production Manager is responsible for investment and maintenance of production equipment in cooperation with the COO ensuring that the production operation can supply the market with requested products on time and in accordance to the quality parameters – ensuring the development and implementation of quality assurance and compliance according to ISO22000/HACCP and to conform to HSE regulations and procedures to maintain a safe working environment at all times.
· Production operations to deliver the requested products on time, in full and to the right quality.
· Ensuring that quality, food safety and hygiene principles are implemented and followed in all areas of production.
· Managing finished goods stock levels in the warehouse to ensure on time and fresh delivery of products to customers.
· Formulating and tracking KPIs to ensure the cost-effective delivery of products to schedule and of the right quality.
· Driving continuous improvement projects to lift efficiencies, reduce costs and increase capacity utilization.
· Leading the development of the operational strategy, objectives, and targets in accordance with the business strategy.
· Developing the production organization to fit the operational strategy.
· Preparing and controlling the production operations budget in line with the requirements of the COO.
· Ensuring the production team is properly staffed and performing duties effectively – including hiring, training, developing and evaluating staff to required performance standards.
· Ensuring the production team is fully engaged with the vision and values of company.
· Implementing staff policies and SOPs.
Skills / Qualifications / Education
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical qualification.
· Ability to independently build and run a production operation.
· Food hygiene and HACCP trained.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in English – including communicating to larger groups.
Prerequisites – Experience
The successful candidate for the position will have obtained the following experience:
· Minimum 5 years’ experience within FMCG production management, including technical management and quality assurance & control.
· Experience of hiring and performance managing a sizeable team.
Additional Personal Competences
In addition to the specific work experience and skills, the candidate should have the personal qualities listed below:
· Leads by example as a natural part of his/her personality.
· Sets high standards of performance for him/herself and others.
· Gets things done on time and without compromising quality.
· Is collaborative in his/her approach to their team, peers and others.
· Possesses a high-energy level and a passion for making a difference.
· Maintains a high standard of ethics, both professionally and personally.
· Is fair, reliable and trustworthy.
Interested candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org deadline for applications: 4th December 2016