We are looking for ideal candidates for the position of a waiter / waitress in a Busy Restaurant in CBD.
Job Purpose: The waiters / waitresses are responsible for offering quick, efficient and friendly patronage to the customers at the restaurants.
One is to take accurate orders and serve food and beverages to patrons while always up-selling menu items.
· Escort customers to their tables and present menus to patrons then answer questions about menu items, daily specials and make recommendations upon request
· Take and place orders for food and beverage and communicate standing orders to the Head Chef e.g. for special dietary requirements, baby food or off menu items.
· Serve guests and clear tables or counters after service is completed. Additionally cleans all spillage during mealtime and at closing.
· Transports soiled dishes from dining room to kitchen and depositing them in proper placing at the Steward area.
· Prepare accurate sales bills that itemize total meal costs.
· Receive guest cash bill payments and ensure correct change is issued back.
· Observe restaurant opening and closing duties including daily preparations
· Sets up tables in accordance with restaurant policy.
· Ensures that all glassware, silver ware, cutlery and flatware have been properly cleaned, polished and stored.
· Replenishes supply of clean linen, napkins, shakers, caddies, condiments and other operating equipment.
· Obtains requested items from the storeroom.
· Follows correct sequence of service outlined in the F&B Standard Operating Manual.
· Prepare a daily collection summary report and submission of all collections to the cashiers desk at end of shift
· Escalate concerns over guest complaints to the F&B Supervisor for resolve.
· Reports all spoilage and breakages to the F&B Supervisor for proper recording.
· And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
· O’ Level certification- KCSE
· Certificate/Diploma in Food and Beverage Service from a recognized training institution
· Minimum 1 year’s practical experience in a busy restaurant set up.
· Excellent product knowledge i.e. food and beverage menu
· Between the ages of 20- 28 Years.
· Must be a team player.
· Must present a cheerful, positive manner with excellent customer service skills.
· Maintains excellent grooming standard and personal hygiene at all times.
· Communication skills, fluent in English & Swahili
· Ability to lift heavy trays filled with glassware/food.
· Basic math skills and attention to detail.
· Honesty and integrity
· Able to work under pressure & take initiative in a fast paced environment
· Must be punctual, dependable and flexible to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
· Must have a neat appearance and be well groomed
· Responds in a positive manner with alternative solutions when a client’s initial request is not possible.
· Shows initiative and takes action with an appropriate level of independence
How to Apply
Interested persons should send their application letter and an updated CV to jobs.as.2016@gmail .com clearly indicating the position and DESIRED SALARY NOT later than 18th November 2016.