Risk & Compliance Manager
Mobile Financial Services (MFS)
Role Purpose: Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) and with strong ties to the MFS Business Unit, the Risk and Compliance Manager – MFS is responsible for setting, implementing and monitoring the company direction, policies, and procedures for risk management and compliance with regards to Applicable Financial Institution Laws and Regulations, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Laws and Regulations, and Business Risk / Controls matrix management pertaining to MFS
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Effectively identify applicable Kenyan laws and regulations related to MFS Institutions (including but not limited to Financial Laws) and ensure MFS division is compliant where applicable;
· Oversee and manage Money Laundering & Reporting as they pertain to the AML Laws and Regulations of Kenya and company policies
· Fulfil ethics and compliance obligations in terms of Company and Country Policy and Procedures for Ethics, Privacy and Anti-Corruption, Money Laundering and Terrorism (CMT)
· Coordinate internal audit reviews and Central Bank inspections;
· Define and maintain the strategic and tactical business risk/controls matrix for MFS and provide regular updates to Management
· Oversee the Fraud & Revenue Assurance function ensuring appropriate controls and process are defined and maintained
· Ensure all documentation relating to the above responsibilities is available for both internal and Central Bank purposes
· Maintain excellent relationships with Central Bank and other Financial Institutions Compliance and Risk departments.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
· University Degree or equivalent qualification in Finance
· ICA Certificate in Anti Money Laundering, Accountant (CPA) K or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) would be an added advantage.
· At least 3-5 years of experience in Compliance and Risk related activities, preferably in a Financial Institution in Kenya
· Experience in AML policies and procedures, and compliance with the laws and regulations in Kenya
· Experience of risk evaluation, internal controls implementation, compliance review processes and Fraud & RA
· Advanced proficiency in MS OFFICE
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong Relationship building and Interpersonal skills
· Advanced analytical abilities, business awareness and mobile money product knowledge;
· Strong Negotiation skills;
· Knowledge of financial analysis and interpretation advantageous
· Knowledge of AML international best practice and laws.
· Strong Risk / Control focus and ability to apply laws, regulations and policies appropriately to meet both the compliance obligations and business objectives;
· Working with minimum supervision.
· Ability to manage a team, and support staff (Team player).
· Result and deadline driven, with problem solving mindset
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Risk Compliance Manager on the Subject line.