Job Title: Project Coordinator (GIZ)
Reporting to: Training Manager
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
Job Purpose: The Project officer will be in charge of overseeing the planning, implementation, Control and Evaluation of the project.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Project officer performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
· Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
· Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
· Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
· Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
· Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
· In consultation with the HR manager, assist in selection of staff with appropriate skills for the project activities
· Manage project centers in liaison with the training manager according to the established policies and practices of the organization.
· Develop forms and records to document project activities
· Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
· Update the Training Manager on the progress of the project deliverables.
· Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
· Write reports on the project for management and for funders
· Track project deliverables using appropriate tools within budget and at the required level of quality.
· Assist in evaluating the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
· Any other duty assigned.
Education and Experience
· Masters degree in Project management
· Over 4 (four) years lead role experience in project management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of project management
· Management and Leadership Skills
· Analytical Skills
· Organizational skills including attention to details and multi-tasking skills.
To express interest in this opportunity, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd November 2016.
Short listing will be ongoing and may be finalized before the deadline date.
Cover letter should be pasted on the body of the email and not as an attachment.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.Ladies are encouraged to apply.