Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of ¡international solidarity based in France.
Founded in 1991, SIF is a non -profit and non -political organization dedicated to help bring relief and protect lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or economic collapse.
Job Title: Regional Program Development Coordinator Kenya / Somalia
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract: 6 Months, Renewable
Job Summary: The Regional Program Development Coordinator (RPDC) reports to the Head at Mission, Kenya / Somalia and is responsible for ensuring that all SIF programs in Kenya and Somalia are implemented in accordance with the validated Project Proposal(s).
S/he is the line manager for the Field Coordinator in Somalia/Kismayo and the Project Technical Manager in Kenya/Nairobi.
In addition, s/he is responsible for the conceptualization and development of new programs and monitoring of program quality and budgets in liaison with the Head of Mission.
Mission and activities:
· General analysis of the humanitarian and development context and issues: Provides technical recommendations based on field assessments and propose programmatic approaches through the development of initial Concept Notes and/or final Project Proposals in English.
· Program management: Ensures the timely planning of projects and their implementation through cost-effective financial planning, preparation of work plans, identification of procurement plans, and utilization of appropriate methodologies according to established standards and Objectively Verifiable Indicators
· Representation: Under the direction of the Head of Mission, participates in external coordination meetings and interaction with humanitarian development stakeholders and National Authorities, including participation in Cluster Meetings.
· Internal coordination: Maintains a close liaison with the SIF support services (logistics, finance, human resources) to ensure that SIF policies and procedures are being followed at all times.
· Management of program staff, Defines objectives, evaluates direct reports, and provides ongoing support and guidance with respect to the Program Management Cycle.
· Relevant Master’s degree or equivalent in the development sector (Community Development, Food Security, WASH, Shelter, Youth/Women Empowerment, Protection etc.)
· At least 8 years of relevant field experience in the humanitarian/development sector with a UN and/or Non-Governmental Organization with at least 4 years in a senior Program Coordinator or equivalent managerial role,
· Proven successful experience in programming related to Food Security, Livelihoods, Cash transfer, Wash, Shelter, Disaster Risk Reduction, Youth / Women Empowerment etc.
· Demonstrated experience and understanding in effective program implementation relating to the Somalia and Kenya contexts.
· Proven experience in proposal writing and donor reporting in English. Written and verbal fluency in French would be a distinct asset
· Knowledge of security, especially in unstable contexts such as Somalia would be valuable.
· Ability to work in challenging environments and achieve deadlines with quality work
· High proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Demonstrated leadership qualities and a passion for mentoring and developing staff.
Submission of Applications:
The position title (RPÐC-KE) should be indicated on the subject line.
Please submit your application (CV. cover letter. 3 references) to the attention of email@example.com (Please use excel, word or PDF format) not later than Thursday, Dec 15. 2016.
SIF is an equal opportunity employer, females are encouraged to apply.Only short listed candidates will be contacted