Based in Kakamega
We are an international NGO with a strong footprint in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, and Tanzania: In these countries our 3,000+ strong staff serves over 300,000 smallholding farmers and helps them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
You will develop detailed knowledge of the nature of maintenance challenges that we face as an organization, and help to put in place systems to reduce expenditure in the long-run.
In order to achieve these goals successfully, you will be honest, critically minded, and communicate clearly with your team and manager.
You will also draw on your local sense, and both existing and new contacts and knowledge in order to improve our maintenance systems in Kenya.
· Respond to maintenance requests for our properties in Kakamega in a timely manner.
· Build tools to allow for reporting of maintenance issues and tracking of their costs.
· Support our staff in our other regional and provincial bases in setting up systems to better respond to maintenance issues.
· Relationship-building with maintenance contractors: plumbers, electricians, carpenters, etc, in order to ensure that One Acre Fund has access to quality work at all times.
· Carry out proactive maintenance checks at all of our properties in Kenya.
· Develop tools for tracking the quality of work carried out.
· Assist in the set-up of new office and residential spaces, when necessary.
· Undergraduate degree from a recognized academic institution
· Minimum two years’ experience working in a similar role – construction, engineering, property management, etc.
· Superb written and oral communication skills, including excellent English and fluent Swahili
· Demonstrated aptitude in handling confidential / sensitive information in past professional settings
· Ability to work independently and to collaborate with a wide range of teams
· Leadership and Management at work or outside work
· References able to speak to professionalism and high ethical standards, as well as professional skills
· Demonstrated computer skills in Google(email and spradsheets) and Microsoft office required
· Tenacity and go-getter mentality
· Attention to detail and ability to meet targets
Career development: One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership capacity. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and two annual career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
Opportunity to grow and salary increase are based on personal performance. One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Maintenance Manager and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 22th November 2016
CLICK HERE to apply online
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed.
At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
Please Note: You must have attained 18years and above to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund. One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted