About Farsight Africa: Farsight Africa Group is a leading full-service Pan-African communications and research company that delivers impactful solutions to companies, governments, development organizations’ and individuals across East Africa.
The Role: Farsight is looking for a Head of Outreach and Advocacy to work with a Strategic Analysis Group whose over-arching strategy is to build Somali and international support for AMISOM and UNSOM in their efforts to assist the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) and the Somali people to build a stable, peaceful and prosperous country, based on respect for the rule of law as well as Somali traditions, culture and values.
The role encompasses building and leading the Outreach team.
The role also provides media and other support to the Somali Federal Government and to implement and engagement programme aimed at both regional and diaspora audiences.
· Manage and inspire a high-performing team to deliver services and outcomes across the region.
· Collaboration across departments and support programs in a matrix
· Analysis of government policy and regulatory frameworks and strategy
· Context and landscape research, monitoring and reporting covering the political, military and security spectrum including clan dynamics
· Contribute to daily reporting with a focus on Mogadishu adding depth, context and clarity
· Collaboration with program teams to set policy agenda and goals
· Developing governance structures for programs and with partners
Government and partner relationships
· Investigating, building and codifying new relationships
· Managing existing relationships both tactically and technically (e.g. managing contracts, meeting planning and tracking) as well as interpersonally (e.g. you and your team are seen as collaborative and supportive partners in their work)
· Understanding and observing appropriate protocols
Communications and advocacy
· Development and promotion of communications materials consistent across projects and in collaboration with global team.
· Ensure high-quality and consistent internal and external communications.
· Run advocacy to create and maintain legitimacy and political will among government and non-governmental partners
· Influence regulations, policies, annual operating plans, etc. to achieve institutionalized scale of evidence-based programming
· Build culture of a collaborative, evidence- and values-based team
· Collaborate with cross-cutting functions and programs at Evidence Action to foster high quality output that is consistent with program goals and is clearly communicated
· Build a culture of good partnership to maximize our impact with and through strategic institutional relationships
· Ensure the integrity of programs: Promotion of evidence and of Evidence Action values permeating our external relationships, communications and actions
· Minimum of a Masters’ Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in International Relations, Project Management.
· A minimum of 10 years’ experience and proven track record in project management, report and analytical skills.
· Must possess and display excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Minimum 6 years’ experience in senior management role
· Must have working experience in Somalia
How to apply:
Send in your resumes with a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject title: Ref: Head, Outreach & Advocacy by 28th November 2016 1700hrs.Applications sent after the deadline will not be received.