The Academic Model Providing Access to Health Care (AMPATH) is a program under the auspices of Moi University and Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH) whose aim is to provide sustainable efforts in access to Health care, Research and Training.
AMPATH supports the Ministry of Health in eight (8) Counties of Western Kenya Region, with a catchment population of an estimated 3.5 million people.
Position Title: Head of Research & Sponsored Projects Office (RSPO)
Reporting to: Head of Principal Investigators
Overall Job Responsibility: This position entails provision of leadership to all departments in RSPO including Finance, Human Resource, Grants & Compliance, and General Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate shall be expected to carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
· Guiding and communicating AMPATH policies and procedures to all RSPO staff as approved by AMPATH Board and ensuring that they are understood and adhered to.
· Give administrative guidance for all grants application, negotiations of awards, post award management and project closeout.
· Ensuring RSPO work procedures are in compliance with all donor policies and procedures, GAAP and local legal requirements
· Supervise and appraise performance of RSPO staff and ensuring that they provide correct and timely reports.
· Overseeing the Planning, budgeting, implementation, and evaluation of awards and subordinate agreements.
· Providing leadership in managing external audits for all grants and ensuring that any audit recommendations are implemented immediately.
· Attending and participating in RSPO Heads of Department and general staff meetings in order to provide timely updates and issues.
· Ensuring timely and accurate financial and administrative reports are submitted to donors, and donor feedback for corrections is responded immediately.
· Closely monitoring all financial activities that influence the organization or its partners’ efficiency.
· Any other duties as assigned by CEO, MTRH/Principal MUCHS and HOPI.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
· Over 10 years work experience, 5 years of which must be at a leadership position or senior level of management in donor grants management.
· Knowledge on donor policies with specific emphasis to NIH, CDC, USAID, and EU rules and regulations.
· Master’s in Business Administration, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution. Having a Diploma/Master’s degree in Grants Management will be an added advantage.
· Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Administration, or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
· Be a member of a respective professional association/ or its equivalent
· Shown competence and capability in work performance
· Meets requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
· Attended Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution.
Position: Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor (1 Post)
Job Description: The M&E Advisor is ultimately responsible for the design and implementation of project data management and reporting system.
Responsibilities include monitoring program activities, planning and implementing studies, development of tools, establishing feedback mechanisms to project staff and partners, technical assistance to program staff, partners and county and sub county persons responsible for data management.
A primary responsibility will be to ensure that all those involved in the AMPATHPlus Program understand the role and importance of data and methods for using it to improve program effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief of Party AMPATHPlus, the candidate will:
· Develop and update project M&E Plan and PMP, including identifying appropriate indicators and design of data collection system for the project to collect and report on data to measure performance and achievement of project objectives;
· Provide technical assistance to local implementing partners’ to develop systems for the continual collection, analysis, and presentation of data, and build the capacity of these partners to interpret and report on their progress and achievements;
· Conduct regular quality checks of project data ensuring that data reported by Project corresponds with MoH data.
The ideal candidate should have:
· Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Public Health, Demography, Population Studies, Sociology, Applied Statistics, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Health Systems Management, Monitoring and Evaluation or Health informatics related.
· Minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible experience successfully designing, implementing and overseeing monitoring and evaluation tasks for health and/or development projects at the county levels.
· PHD in Quantitative Social Sciences or proof of near completion will be an added advantage.
· Ability to work independently, under pressure and to adhere to set deadlines
· Competency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and a statistical software package (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar). Experience with programming software a plus.
· Experience with USG and Ministry of Health projects and reporting requirements.
· Meet requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya and will be required to have a clearance certificate from KRA and a Certificate of Good Conduct.
Terms of Employment: The successful candidate will be employed on 2-year renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and allowances.
Candidates who meet these requirements and are interested should submit their applications, copies of certificates, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae giving details of their current remuneration on or before 9th December, 2016 to the address below:
The Chief of Party
P.O. Box 4606– 30100
P.O. Box 4606– 30100
Applications can also be received at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
AMPATHPlus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individual regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.