Position: Communications and Business Development Intern
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Summary: Elective Africa is looking for talented Communications and BD individuals to join our company for an internship that will take 3 months.
Elective Africa is a leading organizer of educational and expedition travel programs in Africa.
The business development Intern task will be
· Carrying out research and understanding the product, competition and overall business requirements in the industry
· Identifying emerging opportunities in the experiential travel industry
· Conducting marketing activities geared towards enhancing the EA brand value
· Selling and managing client accounts and maximizing revenue generation whilst bringing in new business through a variety of lead generation activities
· Working with EA staff on all media related activities
· Developing general communications publications
· Designing marketing materials
· Managing and creating website content
This is a perfect internship for someone who is a self-starter, detail oriented, creative thinker, not afraid to roll her/his sleeves up and is interested in working with a dedicated team.
If your performance exceeds expectations, you will be offered a position in the company at the end of your internship.
· A bachelor’s degree in Communications and PR, Marketing or BSc in Communication, Graphic and Advertising, with a minimum of second-class honors upper division.
· A grade B+ and above in KCSE (or equivalent) with similar grades in languages.
· Must be reliable, responsible, and be able to meet deadlines.
· Good writing skills is essential with keen attention to detail.
· Outstanding Communication Skills
· Demonstrate leadership qualities
· Willingness to work long & odd hours to complete assignments with no supervision.
· Social media and web savvy.
If you feel that you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this job, please visit the Careers page on www.electiveafrica.com/careers and upload your application letter and current CV by the end of day on Monday 14th of November 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted