Ugaso Interiors / Ujamaa Ltd
Job title: Drafter / Project Manager
High-end Interior Design firm seeks a Project Manager who can take the responsibility of the planning, execution and closing of any project with the ability to manage the constraints of the cost, time and scope (quality).
Essential duties of the Project Manager will be as follows:
· Determine function and spatial requirements and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time.
· Plans and Implements all phases of a project which includes designing, scheduling, planning, documentation, specifications and construction, including the selection and logistics of the material.
· Manages client expectations with regard to project scope, and schedule to ensure the client understands the services the company will provide, and the time frame in which they will be provided.
· Responsible to Keep the office apprised on project progress in writing on regular basis, Initiates and maintains contact with other key project individuals for clarification, coordination and negotiation of critical issues
· Responsible for managing and identifying project team members, communicates key deliverable dates, plans, organizes and manages work of the project team including labor costs as well as project change notices or other actions taking place on the assigned project; ensures tasks and expectations are clear.
· Provides leadership, resources and technical advice to generate the construction documents for interior environments, including detailing and finishing applications, ensuring adherence to design intent and carry through.
· Communicates with consultants, contractors, sub-consultants and other disciplines to ensure project details are carried out including technical issues and project information at all levels of contract administration.
· Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, participates in professional development reviews and ‘Lessons Learned’ sessions deduct.
· Advanced knowledge of design principles and the ability to interpret design concepts and layouts. Including commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the profession.
· Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
· Advanced knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
· Advanced knowledge of furniture types, vendors, fixtures and equipment, architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art signage, colour and materials to carryout design intent.
· Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and
· Proven ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
· Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing,
· Ability to work in team environment
· Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop
· Knowledge of 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max
· Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred
Email your detailed updated resume to email@example.com.Deadline: Close of business on 17th November 2016.