International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Position Title: Data Processing Clerk
Vacancy No: IOMKE/SVN/085/2016
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G3
Type of Appointment: 6 Months Special Short Term Contract, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 29 November, 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
Context: Under the overall supervision of the Regional Health Assessments Coordinator for Sub- Saharan Africa and the direct supervision of the Head of Data Processing and Mobile Unit, the incumbent will gather data, encode, maintain, update required information accurately in the MHD Databases, as well as generating reports and coordinating processes and procedures with relevant units within and outside MRF Nairobi.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Print DS forms from either hard copies or on PDF for transmission for new approvals and re-medicals.
2. Assist in data entry of DS forms including to MiMOSA when required.
3. Data reconciliation, data quality control and timely reporting including CDC TB indicators for the TB Treatment Module.
4. Encoding of data and information, update the PDMS database, and generate regular and ad-hoc reports
5. Maintain and update the Incidents and Events Databases.
6. Coordinate with responsible colleague the timely updating of the quality control of all X-ray re-reading reports in databases and generate monthly reports.
7. Update MiMOSA for “mailout” of cleared DS forms that are returned to RSC and generate the related list
8. To verify data entry of Canadian, Australian in eMedical and in MIMOSA.
9. To enter data from all other resettlement countries including UK gateway and other resettlement countries in MIMOSA.
10. To enter PDMS report in MIMOSA
11. Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Completed University degree in Information Technology or other related studies and 1 year of relevant professional experience or;
· High School Certificate with Diploma in Information Technology or other related studies with 3 years of relevant professional experience.
· Professional experience in data encoding and reporting, data capturing and data management especially in health/clinical setting.
· Knowledge in data processing and analysis especially SPSS, SQL and Access
· Knowledge of programming is an advantage
· Good writing skill desirable
· Good knowledge of IOM system (Mimosa) and other data management systems a plus.
Languages: Excellent command of spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
· Accountability- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
· Client Orientation- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
· Continuous Learning- Contributes to colleagues’ learning
· Communication – Actively shares relevant information
· Creativity and Initiative – Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
· Performance Management – Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
· Planning and Organizing – Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
· Professionalism – Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
· Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
· Technological Awareness – Learns about developments in available technology
· Resource Mobilization – Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs.
· Effectively applies knowledge of health issues in execution of responsibilities at appropriate level
· Maintain confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment (upon notification in writing to the candidate) and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Submit cover letter and CV, including daytime telephone and e-mail contact to:
International Organization for Migration (IOM),
Human Resources Department,
send via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 29th November, 2016
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.
NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.