Centre for Rights Education and Awareness
Duty Station: Nairobi
Closing date: 9th December 2016
Closing date: 9th December 2016
Centre for Rights Education and Awareness (CREAW) is national, women human rights non -governmental organization based in Nairobi and whose vision is a transformed and just society. CREAW’s mission is to champion, expand and actualize women human rights. CREAW’s work is grounded on the following core values and behaviours: integrity; professionalism; passion; innovativeness; and synergy.
The Communications Officer shall be Responsible for providing technical support and guidance in designing and implementing the project’s communication strategy and the linkages with relevant institutions and organizations. The Officer will also be responsible for professional documenting of best practices, success stories, project learnings and visibility of the organization. The officer will be based in Nairobi with occasional travel to Meru, Kilifi, Isiolo, Kitui, Narok and Nyeri.
Responsibilities for the Communication Officer Job
· Develop and implement CREAW’s communication strategy and create linkages with relevant institutions, partners and organizations
· Provide leadership and critical support in information gathering, knowledge, management and dissemination of communication materials within CREAW’s programs.
· In charge of CREAW’s website content and social media platforms including but not limited to face book and twitter accounts.
· Responsible for developing various communication messages and dissemination relevant to the work of CREAW using the appropriate multi-media channels.
· In charge of producing compelling stories, press releases, media briefs and any other communication products reflecting on the program/s.
· Responsible for occasionally travelling to field to gather information on program work and capture visual images of ongoing activities.
· Facilitate writing and editing of all publications and important documents.
· In coordination with Programs, design, edit, record and produce and publish quality promotional materials such as e-newsletters, posters, leaflets, fliers and brochures.
· Organize media events for CREAW as and when required.
· In coordination with Programs, provide updates about CREAW’s work in the different programs and meet any specific information request.
· Develop a branding strategy for CREAW and ensure adherence by all employees.
· Build capacity of CREAW staff in documentation and report writing.
· Act as media focal point for CREAW and develop relations with selected media.
· Write media releases, organize press conferences and keep up to date information on general media liaison people.
Qualifications for the Communication Officer Job
· University Degree preferably in Communications, Public relations or related field.
· At least 2-4 years of experience in the Communications field in an NGO environment.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Experience in designing communication tools and strategies.
· Excellent communication skills with fluency in both English and Kiswahili.
· Professional experience in women’s rights and/or human rights work.
· Previous experience in the NGO sector in the above capacity; Confirmed previous engagement in similar assignment;
· Strong analytical and report writing skills as well as excellent presentation and facilitation skills
· Self-driven and able to deliver results with minimum supervision.
· Willingness to travel extensively within the country , work extended periods in the field and interact effectively with community members and willingness to learn new approaches.
· Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural environment and with partners at all levels.
How To ApplyThose who qualify and are interested should send an application letter, curriculum vitae (CV) providing details of three work related referees and copies of relevant certificates & testimonials to:firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th December 2016.