Our client, Orbit Chemicals is a manufacturing company servicing the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) and Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) multinationals.
They trade in products such as detergent, plastic packaging, soap, agrochemicals and industrial chemicals.
They are seeking to recruit an Accountant.
- Create new general ledger accounts and maintain mapping in Quick books;
- Maintain corporate governance controls and expenditure-assessment activities;
- Review documentation for local processes, especially expenditure;
- Review all expenses and accrue as necessary;
- Calculate withholding tax; prepare VAT returns;
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations within stipulated timelines;
- Prepare daily bank reconciliations;
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of the full balance sheet, month-end journals, sales, goods returned and fixed asset register;
- Review monthly sales cut off to ensure compliance with the reporting guidelines;
- Provide systems development support as required to optimize Quick books;
- Process Capital Expenditure requests, record any transactions, and report progress monthly to management;
- Process all assets once approved to be capitalized;
- Prepare Annual budget process for Fixed Assets;
- Run monthly depreciation;
- Prepare annual lease Commitments Schedule and amortization;
- Cost Accounting Management and calculations.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other Business-related degree;
- Must hold a Professional management qualification, e.g. ACCA, CPA;
- An MBA is be an added advantage;
- Conversant with computerized accounting software;
- Conversant with East African Taxes;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an Accounting role.
- Experience with working a Multinational company servicing the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) and Manufacturing industries;
- Leadership skills.
How to Apply:
CLICK HERE to apply online by submitting your application including a detailed CV and cover letter; a daytime phone contact; email address; and the names and contacts of three professional referees by Monday, 26th October, 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.