Summary: General Plastics Limited is the premier manufacturer of rigid plastic packaging in Kenya and the East Africa region.
Our product range includes plastic bottles, jars, tubs, closures, caps and pumps. In manufacturing, we employ blow moulding, injection moulding and stretch blow technologies.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Materials and Production Planner to be part of our versatile team.Job Purpose: To develop and manage forecast for long range material and production planning while considering current inventory, sales forecast, obsolescence, lead times, product life cycles and production capacity.
The individual will be expected to develop a master production plan to satisfy customer demand while carrying minimum effective inventory in an effort to streamline the materials planning and production process.
- Develop monthly production plans and materials schedules consistent with plant capacity and sales forecast.
- Evaluate actual output against the production plans and prepare reports for the team and management on results, variances and recommendations.
- Develop and implement policies and controls to safeguard the materials planning and production process.
- Determine plant capacity and coordinate machining activities i.e. set-up, runs, downtime and repairs to ensure efficiency of the production line.
- Effectively plan for labor resources in line with shifts to achieve optimum production.
- Proactively review material supply and demand to determine push/pull actions appropriate to impact manufacturing master production schedule (MPS) and supply materials requirements planning (MRP).
- Participate in evaluation of quotations from suppliers to assure pertinent information is available to analyze for best possible price, quality and supply services to meet strategic needs.
- Assess impact to materials availability and production schedule from customer sales opportunities that may affect demand for product over and above the plan
- Review material shortages and stock outages and safety stock levels and recommend mitigating actions. Also come up with the optimum safety stock levels based on seasonality.
- Participate in new product development advising on materials requirements, new models and life cycle predictions.
- Coordinate new product introductions from development planning, test runs, and first production runs.
- Ensure coordination with the Procurement, Production and Sales teams to execute the production plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- 6+ years’ experience in production planning or materials scheduling in the manufacturing sector
- Highly proficient in IT
- Strong leadership skills with proven strategic and analytical thinking capabilities
- Analytical, technical and logical approach to problem solving
- Commercial awareness
How to Apply:
Send your application including a cover letter demonstrating why you are the most suited candidate for this role; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Monday 26th September 2016
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.