A well established company in the Dairy sector in Kiambu County seeks to urgently fill the position of a Human Resource Officer.
It is seeking to hire highly experienced and dynamic Human Resource Officer to assist the HR Manager on daily management of Human Resource functions of the company.Main purpose of the job: To provide efficient HR and administrative support for the HR Manager, ensuring service users are provided with key information on HR processes and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure vacant positions are analyzed, documented and approved.
- Position openings within the organization are widely communicated
- Ensure that qualified candidates are recruited
- External recruiting activities are planned and coordinated
- Appropriate selection process and criteria are defined for each process
- Conduct the selection process
- Manage transitions of staff from one department to another (in case of internal recruitments)
- Process offer letters/ contracts for all successful candidates (in liaison with HR Manager)
- Conduct reference checks for all successful candidates
- Communicate reporting date to successful candidate and all documentation required on first day.
- Ensure compliance to on-boarding plans for all newly staff recruited and those transitioning to other roles.
- Carry out training on staffing related processes.
- Disseminate yearly performance calendar
- Ensure performance plans are in place for all staff/team and performance is documented for each and every staff
- Performance reports are done for staff for both 3 and 6 months and submitted
- Ensure teams are adhering to the performance policies that have been put in place
- Monitor for contract lapses and transition of staff- trigger for staff changes to the HR team for updating of benefits etc
- Ensure documentation of all Performance Improvement Plans and terminations due to performance are available in staff files.
Communication & Co-ordination
- Ensure that information is shared across the organization
- Monitor and review the Communication process
- Monitor staff issue log and ensure the concerns raised are logged and have them addressed by relevant persons.
- Support teams in coordinating their activities to accomplish their targets
- Communication and coordination practices are institutionalized to ensure they are performed as managed process
- Maintain official staff personnel files and ensure updated HRIS
- Serve as the liaison between UPDF staff and benefit providers (such as health insurance and other statutory bodies)
- HR administration, such as leave management, maintenance of staff records, compensation and benefits administration and record keeping
- Ensure that enquiries in HR office are dealt with promptly and courteously
- Ensure and coordinate employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health reporting and employee services
- Monthly payroll management
- Provide monthly input into the payroll for salary processing ( new staff details )
- Making sure that all licenses are renewed
- Making sure that the business is compliant with all the relevant statutory laws
Learning and Development
- Ensure updated staff development plans
- Communicate all training dates and updates
- Ensure completed training records and updated in HRIS
- Understanding, knowledge and experience in HR functional areas ( 5 years minimum requirement)
- Conversant with Kenyan Labor laws, best HR practices, statutory compliance requirements and industrial relations
- Degree in Human Resource Management
- Higher Diploma from KNEC
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Willing to start immediately
- Willing to relocate to Kiambu County immediately
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong attention to detail,
- goal oriented
- Outgoing and confident personality who is able to operate at all levels.
- A self starter who is proactive and can set achievable goals
- A team player with a flexible approach and a willingness to learn.
How to Apply
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th September, 2016.
Kindly do not apply if you not meet the minimum requirement for the job.
Due to large volume of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.