Vacancy: Finance Director
Job Ref: LF/FD/1
About our client:Our client is a vertically integrated horticultural business.
They are active in the growing, processing, marketing and distribution of sustainably produced roses and other cut flowers and premium and prepared vegetables and fresh herbs.
The incumbent will take full responsibility for delivering high quality financial service to the business and providing financial influence to the Executive team.
- The individual will be responsible for overseeing the successful running of the finance and IT team comprising 60 employees who are based across all of the locations; incorporating both Financial and Management Accountancy.
- Working with the board of directors to ensure accurate, timely reporting is completed for the group Finance function.
- Working with the Managing Director to drive the performance of the organisation through the operational and commercial teams.
- Ensure compliance and build strong third party relationships with all stakeholders; including Kenyan Revenue Authority (KRA) and external auditors
- Recommend and take responsibility for a new IT systems platform which will provide the business with what it needs to run a successful operation from Kenya
- Ensure that the business has policies in place for foreign exchange management, transfer pricing and insurance cover
- Ensure that the business maintains accounts that comply with Group policy and with local Kenya accounting regulations
Required Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with extensive (15 years+) post qualifying experience
- Previously operated as a Finance Director – with Board level experience and a proven track record of being able to influence a business at senior level.
- Experience within a similar position, preferably within Kenya - running a large finance and IT team.
- Experience working within a group or multi-national structure – with demanding expectations around reporting deadlines and delivery.
- Knowledge of the expectations required when working within a corporate turnaround or fast changing business.
- Previous experience of having implemented a major restructuring of a finance team – and of having built a strong team by developing internal potential or recruiting external skills – having the judgement to know which of these paths is the right one given the circumstances
- Experience of implementing new business systems and the knowledge of how vital it is to get business buy-in for the process
- Experience of understanding Foreign exchange risk and developing strategies to mitigate risk in this area
- Hands on, proactive approach
- Flexible style, happy to get stuck in to detail and also presenting in board meetings.
- Tenacious approach, always demonstrates energy and drive
- A “can do” positive attitude, must be able to deliver against strict and demanding reporting deadlines to meet group requirements
- People skills, will want to develop a strong team ethic within Finance and IT and will understand that progress will only be made through having the right team in place with the right skills
- Commercial awareness and ability to build strong relationships with the business
- Must be willing to see themselves as a leader of the Finance team, and also a leader for the business in general.
- Comfortable with assuming this role and understanding the extra dimension of responsibilities that this brings
- Needs to be able to broker agreement between the demands of the Kenyan entity and the demands of the group – to understand that they have a broader role as FD which is to protect the integrity of the Group’s position as well as meeting the interests of the local management team
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted