Job Title: Business Development Officer
Job Code: BDO/MA/160922
Number of Positions Open: 1
Reports To: Head of Operations
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until FilledSummary: Our client a leading Kenyan Corporate law firm who provide thorough legal solutions for its clients.
Job Objective: The firm is currently recruiting for a Business Development Officer. The position will plan, execute and evaluate the ROI of all BD initiatives to attract, retain and expand a loyal client base.
This position will report to the Head of Operations.
- Identify new and follow up business opportunities for the Firm. Contribute to development of business plans and work with Partners and Practice Group heads to execute BD initiatives.
- Develop and tailor content for RFPs/pitches and client presentations; manage the pitch/proposal-development process from start to finish and ensure presentation of content is consistent with branding.
- Track industry news for opportunities/issues.
- Identify or create client/prospect outreach development tools such as one-on-one meetings, seminars and speaking engagements, events, sponsorships, client alerts, newsletters, fact sheets and other direct client communications.
- Oversee the development and printing of all marketing collateral.
- Ensure the Firm’s website is up to date, fully functional and representative of the Firm’s brand.
- Collect, monitor feedback and maintain a high degree of client satisfaction.
- Identify opportunities for thought leadership and other marketing and campaign ideas to increase brand awareness within the practices.
- Track the actual number of wins/losses and reasons for them.
- Serve as point of contact for conferences, sponsorships and seminars; coordinate with lawyers and others to provide required materials.
- Develop directory awards/rankings submissions with the lawyers on the timing demanded by the rankings calendars.
- Work with lawyers to create biographies, announcements and to develop and implement BD plans that take the firm’s synergies and cross-selling opportunities into consideration.
- Monitor competitive activity, client and company, sector and geographic trends, draw conclusions, assess implications and prepare marketing and research reports.
- Assist with assessing/recommending priorities for BD plans/budget, track budgets throughout the year and make recommendations to optimize limited resources.
- Promote usage of new and emerging technology.
- Regularly update and promote lawyers matters and publications within permitted parameters.
- Proactively track deals and submit new matters to ranking agencies for league table and other credit/acknowledgment.
- Collect and archive matter/case summaries and all related information for use in pitches/RFPs, bios, legal directory submissions, website, annual review, press releases etc.
- Coordination with other offices for practice/sector specific events (i.e. CLE events, office-specific events as needed).
- Assess the return on the investment of time and cost for larger initiatives on a quarterly basis.
- Regularly update bios and practice descriptions with new content, including matters and awards/rankings.
Education: BA in Business Administration, Marketing or similar from a recognized University
Experience, Skills and Attributes:
Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience, having worked in a law firm would be an added advantage.
- Sales Skills: Negotiation Skills, Analytical & administration ability, strong social & interpersonal
- Understands needs and unique challenges of professional services firms and Partnerships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent command of English
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- Poised to work under pressure with high energy and drive
- Self-starter with high degree of resourcefulness requiring minimal supervision
- Contributor to the team attention to detail and accuracy
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Business Development Officer