Tausi Assurance Company Ltd
Vacancy: Assistant Manager Claims
On a quiet day in 1992, seven shareholders founded Tausi Assurance Company Limited. Subsequently, in 1993, the company began modest operations in the Westlands suburb of Nairobi.
For more information on Tausi, please visit www.tausiassurance.co.ke
We currently have an opening for Assistant Manager Claims.
The position holder will be reporting to the head of Legal & Claims.
Profile: This is very much a 'hands on position' where the holder will be expected to have good understanding of insurance operations.
Role Purpose: Deputise the Head of Legal & Claims, oversee investigations of claims and coordinate processing and payment of the same.
- Ensure in-depth, investigation of actual claims through direct or indirect contact with policyholders, claimants, other carriers, physicians, contractors, attorneys, etc.
- Ensure applicable claims are reported accurately and timely to reinsurance as required by procedure.
- Recommend for approval appropriate reserves on files within the set guidelines and monitor the utilization of the distributed reserve.
- Control and direct activities of defense counsel, directly or indirectly through staff.
- Coordinate efforts among staff and other parties to achieve timely, equitable disposition of claims handled in the Claims Department.
- Review, monitor and provide technical expertise of staff and ensure that there is systematic adequate on job training
- Monitor benchmarks and have working knowledge of Expense and Payment controls, Large Losses, Staffing and Performance Management.
- Bachelors’ degree in Insurance, Business Management or Accounting
- Diploma In Insurance, ACCA/CPA K
- 4 years’ working experience in a claims department preferably in an insurance organization with a good understanding of insurance operations.
Skills and Competencies
- Leadership skills.
- Strategic and analytical skills.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Ability to drive change and innovation.
- Ability to work under pressure.