The Kenya Girl Guides Association (KGGA) is a member organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS). KGGA is one of the largest youth Associations in Kenya.
KGGA operates through a value based program and has a national membership of girls and young women representing every race, ethnicity, culture, class and religion in Kenya.
We are looking to fill the position of Training Officer who will be reporting to the Programme and Training Manager, Kenya Girl Guides Association.
- Develop a training structure, strategy, policy, manual and materials.
- Carry out annual training needs assessment and develop relevant curriculum for implementation.
- Prepare recommendations to the Volunteer policy as may be necessary.
- Establish a reward system for volunteers.
- Build a pool of facilitators.
- Organize and oversee training across all adult groups within the Association.
- Benchmark KGGA work with other Associations in the network and borrow good practices and make recommendations that ensure effectiveness of KGGA.
- Improving the use of technology in KGGA for great training.
- Preparation of annual work plan and budget for next triennium.
- Continuous monitoring, learning and development to support members of the Association provide and implement lessons learned.
- Participate in the KGGA periodic evaluation processes.
- To be agreed with Line Manager
- Bachelors degree in Education. Post graduate qualification in Adult Training or Education is desirable.
- At least 4 years work experience.
- Experience in planning, organizing and directing trainings.
- Ability to develop Strategy and Policy while having an understanding of tailored trainings.
- Ability to work in a team or independently.
- Demonstration of creativity to achieve results using minimum resources.
- Strong oral, written and comprehension skills.
- Excellent software skills such as use of spread sheets like Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Acess
- Understanding of KGGA work.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with volunteers.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th September 2016.
Indicate Training Officer in the Subject Line. Late applications or hard copies will not be considered.
Please note: At no point in the entire recruitment process shall the candidate have to pay any money as a condition of engagement.
Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged.
KGGA is an “equal opportunity organization” that is committed to hiring highly qualified individuals regardless of gender, religion, race, creed or marital status.