Vacancy: Travel Consultant
Job Ref: TWC/TC/8
About our client:Our client operates in more than 150 countries. They provide specialised services in business travel management.
They are looking for a Travel Consultant to be based in their Nairobi office. The role of a Travel consultant is to provide Travel consulting service to corporate clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide and maintain a high level of travel consulting service to clients
- Drive to achieve expected transactions as per Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Build and maintain strong relationships within the travel arranger and the client organisation.
- Compliant to customer work regulations and work culture as provided on Service Level Agreement
- Process and complete travel requirements (make reservation in accordance to initial enquiry, to ticket issue and file completion with invoice) as requested by clients in accordance with their travel policy. This covers all aspects of booking, changing, cancellation and/or refunding of air travel, hotel accommodation, car hire, insurance, visa, etc.
- Raise Service Alert Advices and inform your direct report manager to ensure prompt resolution.
- Complete all tasks assigned in accordance with the company. This includes reports on daily emergency logs handled.
- Ensure service queues are monitored and worked at regular intervals during business day and are clear by end of shift.
- Providing solutions to travel related problems clients may have experienced with arrangements during afterhours or emergency situations.
- Process client refunds upon receipt and in accordance with procedures.
- Ability to work flexible hours and shifts as determined by business need and client call volumes.
- Provide and maintain a high level of service.
- Offer value added flight, hotel and car related alternatives and solutions in accordance with client requirement.
- Perform in a pro-active manner (examples):
1. Displaying initiative and ownership
2. Providing relevant accurate information in a timely manner without being prompted.
- Remain updated on all aspects of travel through regular attendance at product seminars and workshops including team meetings sessions and other job related training.
- Manning and responding to Travel emergencies on either days / night shift
- of the client database client profiles
- Manage company’s customer relations through regular communication with the client and briefing your head of department of any new developments.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Diploma in IATA / UTAA Foundation level with a minimum 5yrs in handling Corporate clients
- Experience on an Emergency After Hours Desk in Corporate Travel
- Proficiency in Amadeus/ Travelport GDS system (Experience working with Travelport GDS a plus)
- Experience with ticketing, changes and exchanges to complex multi – segment international and domestic fares and PNR’s
- Good communication, interpersonal and customer care service skills
- Have a strong sense of accuracy and attention to detail
- Be proactive, take initiative and have a drive to succeed
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, day/night shift in a 24/7 operation to include nights, Weekends & Holidays.
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted