Our client is a manufacturing company that services fast moving consumer goods and consumer packaged goods multinationals.
They trade in products such as detergent, plastic packaging, soap, agrochemicals and industrial chemicals.
They are currently operating in Kenya, but looking to expand operations in the African region.
They seek to recruit a HR Payroll Officer who will be expected to provide quality and comprehensive payroll service ensuring that the payroll is processed as per the relevant regulations.
The person will also assist in maintaining leave and attendance records as well as personnel files administration.
- Preparation of payroll for internal permanent staff and Contracted staff, ensuring legislative compliance (tax compliance).
- Prepare and process timesheets and variations and input data for the payroll.
- Prepare weekly wages for casuals.
- Record and implement salary and wage variations as they occur.
- Prepare payments upon employee termination with the company.
- Ensure all staff entitlements are accurate and up to date.
- Liaise with HR on staff appointments, terminations, remuneration, conditions of service and other relevant matters that may affect payroll.
- Set up new employees in the payroll system.
- Distributing payslips to employees.
- Develop, update and maintain payroll files, databases and spreadsheets on a regular basis.
- Prepare and reconcile payment summaries.
- Control of attendance and ensure proper maintenance of attendance records.
- Maintenance of leave records.
Candidate qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a business related degree
- Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management is an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years experience in full cycle payroll administration and providing HR assistance
- Comprehensive and working knowledge of payroll systems.
- Demonstrated payroll management experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical skills.
- Numeracy skills - reconciliation's and statistics.
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business 10th August 2016
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.